CRISTINA ALINA COMAN Back
Ecology, Taxonomy and Nature Conservation Centre
Institute of Biology - Bucharest
296 Splaiul Independentei, 060031 Bucharest, POBox 56-53, ROMANIA
Phone + 4 021 2219202, Fax + 4 021 2219071
Main field: Aquatic ecology (hydrochemistry)
- Evaluation of physico-chemical parameters with essential role in the development of aquatic biocenoses
- Role of nutrients in eutrophication: trophic state assessment
- Correlations between nutrients, chlorophyll-a and phytoplankton biomass
- The management of natural protected areas networks;
- Environmental impact studies and ecological restoration projects of the various types of damaged areas.
2007 - 2009 - Master student, Bucharest University (Sistemic Ecology and Sustainable Development)
2003 - 2007 - BSc., Ecology and Natural Science Faculty, Bucharest Ecological University
Position in the Institute of Biology: Research assistant (2006-2009).
1. Sandu C., Bloesch, J., Coman, A. (2008): Water quality in the Mures catchment and its impact on the aquatic biodiversity. Transylv. Rev. Syst. Ecol. Res., 6: 99-111.
2. Ionica D., Zinevici V., Moldoveanu M., Parpala L., Sandu C., Florescu L., Dobre D., Coman A., Petrisor A. (2008): Energy flow pathways in Musura Lagoon in 2005-2007 interval: IAD Limnol. Rep. 37, 87-91, Chișinău, Moldova.
3. Pacesila I., Ionica D., Coman A. (2008): Evaluation of metabolic intensity of benthic microbial communities from Musura Bay (Black Sea) using dehydrogenase activity method. IAD Limnol. Rep. 37, pp. 194-198, Chișinău, Moldova.
1. BIOWETMAN: A science based approach to understand biodiversity driven functions and services for wetland management (2008-2009). Financed by Austrian Science and Research Liaison Office
2. Assessing the impact of environmental change on aquatic ecosystems in the Danube Delta. Financed by Swiss National Science Foundation (2005 – 2008)
1. The impact of hydrotechnical alterations on ecological systems from Saint George branch, in view of sustainable development (2008-2010).
2. The structural and functional diversity of aquatic communities from Musura Bay (Danube Delta) (2005-2007).
Conference participation "Introduction in Xenobiology" presented by Prof. Dr.
Radu Popa, Portland State
2008 Jul. – Training offerded by TBK Office for Ecology and Lanscape Planning, Wilhering, Austria
2008 Sept. – Interacademic exchange Kiev, Ucraina
- International Association for Danube Research (IAD)
© 2008 Institute of Biology. All right reserved.
Send mail to email@example.com with
questions or comments about this web site.